So far many computers have installed Microsoft’s Windows 7 and it has satisfied a lot of users because the user interface, features and performance has significantly improved. One of the special features which few users are aware of is its Advanced Recovery Feature. With this feature, one can easily know how to reinstall windows 7.
You have several ways to reinstall Windows 7. You can use the recovery image provided by the manufacturer of your computer or you can install using the authentic disc for Windows 7 installation or USB flash drive with Windows 7. Here’s a step by step guide on how to reinstall windows 7. Please follow this or else consult a computer repair firm to complete this task.
1. Go to “Start Menu.” Then, type in the word “Recovery” in the Windows search box and press Enter key to launch the window for recovery.
2. Choose “Advanced Recovery Methods” so you can go to the window for advanced recovery methods.
3. In this window, you will be prompted with two options.
a. Use a system image created earlier to recover your computer – For this option, you should have initially created a system image that you can use to replace all files and configurations on your computer such as installed program and all your stored files. All information stored in the image will be in place.
b. Reinstall Windows – For this one, a reinstallation will happen. Afterwards, all your files from a backup can be restored. All programs you have previously installed will have to be reinstalled by using the genuine installation files or disc.
4. Choose “Reinstall Windows” so you can begin the procedure for reinstallation. You will be prompted to create a backup for your files.
5. Choose “Backup now” so your files will be backed up to an external drive such as external hard disk, flash drive or DVD. If you do not need to backup files, choose “Skip.”
6. The next window will prompt you to start recovery. Click “Restart.” Once you choose to reinstall windows, the current installed Windows will be placed to a directory named Windows.old. If you need some data, you can retrieve from that folder once the restoration is complete.
7. After clicking “Restart,” wait for some minutes and you will have to do the following
a. Select your preferred keyboard input method. Then, choose “Next.”
b. You need to click “Yes” once you are asked to reinstall Windows 7 in the confirmation box.
c. Next, insert your installation disc for Windows 7. Then, click “Yes” to proceed to the installing screen. From here, you just need to follow the simple instructions to complete the procedure for reinstallation.
8. It will take several minutes for windows to reinstall then it will ask you to create a username for your account. Click next and set your password box. Then, click next to move on to the next step.
9. In the next setting up, choose “Use recommended settings” when asked to help protect your computer and improve windows. Click “Next.”
10. Check if settings of time and date are correct then choose “Next.”
11. Pick your computer’s current location for network settings. Choose from Home, Work, or Public.
12. If you have backed up your files, you will see on the desktop a box named “Restore my files.” Click the button. If you don’t have backup, leave it.
13. Delete the Windows.old folder and then install your drivers and software. Then, you are done.
The steps on how to install Windows 7 is very prompt and easy to understand. If you want to customize settings, it’s all up to you. Also, it is highly recommended to backup your files just in case you messed up the reinstallation.